Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally made a poppet

I love craftster.org A member Ghille came up with a poppet pattern that she shares. There are now hundreds of poppets around. I have only had the pattern for a little less than a year now. I don't understand where my time goes that I can never do anything that I want todo when I want to. But anyways during Spring Break Makayla and I got the pattern out of my book and went to work. We did an ok job on her. Makayla loves to design clothes for her whom we have named the model. I haven't taken any pictures of her yet so can't post her yet.

We decided that poppets are going to be birthday presents this year. But I decided that I wanted 4 of my own done in things that my children love. Here is the first one. That Kenny has claimed as his own. I told him that I was going to tell all his friends that he had a doll. He doesn't care because he will show all his friends his doll. So now Boogalou Bob which is what Kenny named him has a home on Kenny's football shelf. Of course Bob is a Football player.

First picture is Bob with a picture of my football player Kenny

This is him with his helmet in his lap

Just hanging out on the couch, Hmm same number as Kenny


The back of him, I don't know how I missed his shirt was that way when I took the picture



Helmet on ready to go on the field



He is made from tan flannel, his hair is strips of brown wool felt sewn on in strips and cut. His clothes are a little big but at some point I would like to make pads to put under the clothes. I think he turned out pretty good, and I know I will get better at making them


0 comments: