Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lets go racing


It's that time of year. Racing time. Oh how I love the smell and sound of racing. This Saturday is the first race of the year which I will be missing since Miss Makayla has her hotel night with girl scouts. Of course Mom has to go. The worst part is that I am going to be so close to the track to hear them but far enough away to not smell them. Theres just something of the smells of burning tires and menthol that gets me. And I'm not the only one in my family that thinks so. We all do. In the past 13 years racing has become a part of our lifes. Thanks to my brother Jay. First motocross, and then dirt racing, and for the past 6 years its been asphalt. For three years it was a Super Stock, now in the third year of the Supermodified. First year "Rookie of the Year" and top ten in points, Second year a couple of heat wins, also a couple of close trying to win first race, plus top 4 in points. This third year Jay's wishes are a few feature wins under his belt and top three in points. We all know he can do it. Last year he came in second place for one race and everyone kept coming up to him you would have thought he got first place. He felt like he did. That night the winner of the race was a first time race winner and it was great. Jay kept saying I just couldn't get around you. The other driver said I knew you were right there and kept telling myself he's going to get around me.
Jay good luck this season and will you get that feature win. Sick of spending my money to watch you loose. No only joking

0 comments: