Sunday, December 29, 2013

Digging out my mothers basement

My mother is a hoarder in some since in the word.  She is a shopaholic and always has been.  Her house is not cluttered to this extent.  Just her basement, garages, barn, sheds and etc.  If there is an empty space she fills it.  She has already done great in getting rid of things but more needs to be done.  This month I have decided I am cleaning out the basement.  This was done two years ago much of the stuff is new.  Now I can say that alot of if just needs to be organized.  My parents have rentals and stuff todo with the rentals gets stored in the basement.  Things she doesn't use everyday gets stored in the basement. I did start working on some of this yesterday and am just about done in one corner.  Now reasons like this I call her a hoarder is I found a baby sneaker from one of my brothers on a shelf my youngest brother will turn 32 in March but it could have also been from my brother that will turn 34 in April.  These are before pictures.  I am going to try and take pictures as I get one area cleaned out

Laundry room there is a counter under there somewhere
 laundry room
 another view of laundry room there is a sink under this
 Corner that I am currently working on.  There is a woodstove that is no longer used in here
 some of this is already gone behind the ugly curtains are shelves that have stuff on them for 30 years now
other side of corner I am currently working on
 pool table used to be here now just storage and the bar can't wait to see what is behind there
 yea bar is under there somewhere
 I can see some light come thru the window back there
 This part isnt really all that bad since it is used much more by my dad

1 comments:

Diedra said...

Oh what fun. That baby shoe should go in a shadow box with other items you might find.