Thursday, February 26, 2009

4 Birthdays in a week

On this past Tuesday Maranda turned 14, today is my brother Jay's 31st birthday, this coming Monday my nefhew Mikey will be 14 and on Tuesday Dave will be 42. Four birthdays in a week who ever planned that????? Not me.

I will never forget the day that my brother Mike called me and told me they were expecting Mikey it happened to be the same day I told him I was expecting Maranda. At the time he was living in New Mexico and he called me at work and needed to tell someone but didn't want to tell my mom, funny thing was I didn't want to tell my mom either. Our due dates were only two days apart. My mom did not want to become a grandmother and here she was going to be a grandmother twice at once. Once I told her she couldn't wait to become a grandmother. Maranda was born during the worst snow storm of that year. It started snowing the night before and didn't stop until 3 day's later. That didn't stop my family from being there. My sister was going in with me it was funny because she had called me an hour before I went into labour to find out how I was because she wanted to go out with friends, I told her I was fine and to go. She told me where she was going just incase well she got the phone call an hour later, three of my brothers were there, Mike was on the phone, my mom, my stepfather, my aunt, one of my uncles and Dave were all at the hospital. My mom called my father and told him and he said well let me know what she has. (just another time I wanted my dad and he wasn't there). My brother Jay walks in and tell's me to wait two days to have her. We didn't know that she was going to be a girl but we all did know.

My brother Jay, the doteing uncle he has always been all my brothers have been when it comes to Maranda. Right before Maranda was a year old he comes over to my house with some friends and his girlfriend (now his wife) this was the first time I had met Shanon. He tells her you have to see my niece shes the cutest baby you have ever seen. Maranda was sleeping and I told him not to wake her up and next thing I know he comes walking out of her room with her. He said something and she woke up saying dork. Jay has always been Uncle Dork to Maranda and she has always been Geek to him. When she was a baby we always told her he was Uncle Dork. Thus the reason I am Aunt Kimmy to his daughter.

My nefhew Mikey whom we did not see until he was two months old. My brother Mike called the morning his mom went into the hospital looking for our mom. My mom couldn't be there because she couldn't leave me. It was hard on her but impossible for her too be in two states at once. She wasn't at home, and Mike wanted to be on the phone with her. Dave told Mike to tell my nefhews mom to wait until the next day to have him. I talked to my brother until my mom walked in my door an hour later. Then she talked to him for almost 3 hours until my nefhew was born. She was excited that she had a granddaughter and a grandson. A few weeks later she flew down to see him and bring them back here for the summer. Mike was in college there and had to wait until the semester was over to come home. Even though Maranda was so young when my mom came home she wouldn't go to her or even look at her for days. My mom went to pick her up and she cried for grandpa (my stepfather) at the time my real father had seen her maybe twice. He didn't see Mikey until they were here for three weeks.

Dave what can I say, not much really. His family didn't see Maranda until the day she turned a week old. Why because it was his brithday exactly a week after our daughter was born and his mom wouldn't miss her baby's birthday. At the time Maranda was born his youngest niece had just turned two and she was the biggest brat in the world at 16 she still his. She was so mean to Maranda (funny because now they are really close). His family is strange (to me anyways) I have only ever seen his father three times. He has only seen my two girls. When Maranda was a baby my mom and I seen him at the store he was working at after retirement he came up too us and asked is that my granddaughter. Makayla was 4 when Dave's nefhew was killed and my mom was on a cruise and we had to take her to the wake with us. Not that she hadn't just been at her grandfathers (this was a month after my father died) so his father seen her their. Kenny just said to Dave a few months ago Dad you have a dad? Dave was telling me that he ran into his father. He has two brothers. One I met years ago and we have seen him probley 4 or 5 times in the 16 years we have been together. His other brother is the one that had the son that was killed. He works with my brother Jay. Jay seen the last name and found out this was Dave's brother. Matter of fact I am the one that told Dave's family that his nefhew was killed because Jay got an email thru work and called me and told me. It was funny because he wanted us to come out to his house. He knew whom I was and had pictures of our kids on his walls. He had asked my brother if he could see pictures of my kids then asked if I would send in extra pictures of the kids. I have always continued to give Jay a picture for him. Even though we haven't seen him except for a couple times since. It is my family that calls Dave on his birthday not his.

0 comments: