Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cheerleading

Makayla is doing year round competitive cheerleading this year. Last night was the first practice I was able to attend due to my work schedule. It was different then last year that's for sure. They were teaching the girls basket throws last night. As well as getting bases and flyers familar with each other due to some of the girls know each other and others don't because they are different age groups now. Also because each coach has a different way of coaching they have to get all the girls on the same track. My niece wants to be a flyer so bad. Last night they were going over everything while she was a flyer, I thought I had time to run to the bathroom before she was done. Well I didn't. During a drink break she comes over to me "Aunt Kimmy did you see my basket toss?" No I didn't. Makayla said they did it as soon as I walked out of the room. Oh well I know that I will see it.

This picture is from last years competition, not a good picture because we were so high up and they were on the floor. My mom has my disk that we bought that has the close up pictures of the girls. They really didn't compete because of their ages but what they do is have the non-competes in the morning and the competition in the afternoon that way the girls are used to doing it and learn rules and such. I think that is is when they were getting ready for the dance part.

This is Makayla and Kali(niece) the day before competition right before the game, it looks like they are doing coin toss. They both look so clean I know that neither was when I picked Makayla up that day because Kenny's game was away and Makayla stayed with my SIL and they went to a mud bog race at the fire department right after, their game.

Just another picture of Makayla during the first part of the game when I came to tell her that we were leaving to go to Kenny's game. It was their last regular game of the season. Both Makayla's team and Kenny's team made it to playoffs.




2 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...

Kim~ Came here from the daily sweeps at Yuku..love all of your pictures. I love to see peoples projects, you are a busy Mom.
Blessings,Joann

Kim said...

Joann, thank you I visit your blog quite a bit and love all of your projects.