Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Record bowls and other random stuff

Let me first off say that this post is very picture heavy, I uploaded the last months worth of pictures this morning and there were a few I wanted to share.

My babies 10th birthday is on June 23rd, she decided she wants a Hannah Montana drive in movie theme for her birthday. Between Makayla, Kenny and myself we have came up with a great birthday party. We were looking online at different things and she said mom you can make this and that better than you get when we buy the stuff. I have been looking at record bowls for awhile now on Etsy and Ebay, those things go for $10.00 to $25.00 a piece. I have thought about buying a couple anyways since I will use them for different things. The other night I was getting ready to buy a couple and Makayla said no mom find out how to make them. So google we go. I had 9 of my old records in the garage. My mom is going to look for the rest of them. She thinks they are in the barn. I ended up making 9 record bowls in 20 mins. Here are a few of them.






Memorial weekend my parents and brothers were camping at a local campground here in town. Kenny wanted to fish these are three of the fish he caught and released. The only way my kids will fish. He was so proud of himself as was his dad. This was his last and the biggest he caught.
This was his second and when they decided to get pictures
Think that this is the same fish as above
Here is the poppet I made for my niece Kali for part of her birthday gift on the day of her party since I had already given her a cheerleading bear on her birthday.
On May 16th & 17th Maranda went on her 8th grade trip to Buffalo and Niagara Falls on the States side. Although she had fun she wished they went into Canada because it is much prettier to see the falls. They did go on the Maid of the Mist (which she hasn't done since she was 5) Went in the cave of the winds which she had never done. Buffalo Navel Yard she had never done. Buffalo Zoo which we do try to visit at least once every other year. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive for us.
This is the Navel ship they toured at the Navel Yard.
This peacock was sitting outside of the zoo, she texted me and told me it escaped from the zoo. I guess it happens alot with this fella
She took this picture from the bus. The Maid of the Mist is in the water. She said as soon as she saw the rainbow bridge she had to take a picture of it just for me. I hate bridges they scare me to death. Even our local ones when I get stuck on the middle of them. This bridge, one in Ohio and one in Florida are the worst. I really hate going into Canada on a very busy day because we are stuck on the bridge for up to 30 mins.















0 comments: