Thursday, May 26, 2011

My goofball child and advanced math

These glasses a friend gave Kenny for his birthay and he loves them he is such a dork he was posing for pictures the other day with them on. I told him they will look really dorky when he shaves his head for football and dyes it red and green. Which is what some of the players decided they were doing this season. I hope its not going to happen I don't want a child with red and green hair.

I finally received his 5 week report yesturday in my email. He always tells me hes almost as smart as the smart kids, I always tell him honey with straight A's you are a smart kid. Yea mom I know but I don't like being called a smart jock. I think its better than being called a dumb jock, look you can get plowed over, knocked on your butt and hit with a helmet and shoulder pads and it doesn't knock the smartness out of you.

He has been scared of taking advanced Math next year ever since his teacher showed the students the list of kids that were possibly going to have to take it, and his name was on that list. You have to have an average of an A every quarter in 6th grade in Math and English to be placed in the Advanced math. His average is right now a A- in English this quarter and he said hes not going to bring it up to an A so he doesn't have to take it. When I asked why he told me because I don't want to take the regents in 8th grade. Mom thats scary to think about. My thinking is do it and get it over with its one less regents you have to take in highschool. Little does he know that he has to take the English regents in 8th grade anyways. I will keep that a secret until hes in 8th.

0 comments: