Monday, August 15, 2011

One of the girls nail polish holders and why I couldn't get anything done this weekend


Here is a picture of one of the girls nail polish holders. I have no clue what that spot is you cant see in on it put in this picture you can. I had already taken the other one upstairs to thier room before getting a picture of it. This one here is made out of a wooden box thing I found at goodwill for .10 and I love it and so do thay.
I had plans this weekend well Saturday to try and get things done. Well those plans got changed I happened to log in to facebook as my home phone, my cell and my daughters cell ring all at the same time. Three phone calls and a post on facebook all at the same time I am hearing and reading Hell Yea were going racing tonight. Any one that knows our family knows that for years thats what we have been doing is racing. Started with my brothers getting into motocross, they passed that love to their nieces and nefhews. Probley 12 years or so ago my brother Jay decided he wanted to try car racing. Started out at dirt track, although I love dirt racing just somewhere we went all the time when we were younger. I am so glad that we don't have to go eat dirt every weekend anymore. Then a few years of racing on dirt he got talked into by friends to give asphalt a try. He started out in SuperStocks (NASCAR type car) heck he is still reining track champion and last Classic winner in that division. The track decided to get rid of the division of the SuperStocks. What did my brother do did he try to find other tracks to race at as most did, nope did he decided to race a small block super modified like a couple of them did, nope. Jay decided he was going race with the big boys and buy himself a supermodified race car. Well he did find a partner to go in halfs with him. This was the winter of 2006. In 2007 his first year of racing the super he was rookie of the year. 2008 Tenth in points for the year. 2009 5th in points for the year. Last year if he didn't have bad luck he had no luck at all. First race was ok, second race he crashed did a ton of damage couldn't race for a few weeks because just didn't have time to get all damage fixed on car. He rented the track the day before the next race he was going to go to. Something broke he went into the wall, and something caught on fire in the engine. So no more raing while the car was went thru with a fine tooth comb and that engine was sent out to have the same done to it. Next race of the season he raced was the big one Classic weekend where the car was done about an hour before time trials started. We don't call him last minute racin Jason for nothing. Well he only made it 1/2 thru the 200 lap race some one hit him and sent him into the wall.

This year we have not raced at all. He wanted to do other things (read his partner in the car was not interested in racing this season). He has not been able to even go sit and watch the races because it is his life and he knew he wanted to be on the track. So Saturday when I got the phone calls and the post it was great. Time to get things together, which kids are going with me, it ended up being just Miss Makayla that wanted to go. He didn't do too bad either started 22nd out of 24 cars and ended up with a 10th place finish. He kept the car on the track (no crashes no spin outs) looked great out there. And the best part he had fun doing something he loves todo. He was still so excited and happy when we went down to the pits after the race, because he was doing what he loves. Great job Bub






0 comments: