Thursday, August 11, 2011

Picute I found online the other day and starting of making nailpolish holder for girls


I live in the town where the first chocolate factory in the United States was the home of. It started out as Peters Chocolate(I do believe) which of course then became Nestle's It was here for over 100 years with part of the building being the orginal first chocolate company here in the US. When they closed their doors to move the factory to Mexico (cheap labor), my father was 1 month shy of working there 36 years. I miss the plant especially when the weatherman says its going to rain. Because we knew if it was going to rain or not by just walking out our front door. If you could smell that sweet smell of chocolate thru out town you knew they were right. If you didn't you knew they were wrong. I miss the endless supply of chocolate my dad would bring home for the kids especially the Wonka bars with pop rocks you can't find them anywhere around here. I miss paying practically nothing for products made by them because of the discount prices they got in the factory store. When Makayla was a baby my dad was getting me the cans of powdered good start formula for .75 cents a can compared to what are they $15 or $16 in the stores if not more.

Well I was directed to a site that someone has with pictures of our town from years ago, wouldn't you know there were pictures of Nestle's from the beginning to the end. I started looking thru the pictures and this was the third picture I found was this. The gentleman on the top is my grandpa and right under him is my grandma. When I seen this I just started to cry I miss them so much. Kenny looked at this picture and said my great grandpa with hair that isn't grey. He started making me laugh then I asked both him and Makayla if they knew the person right below him and they both told me no who is it. I knew that Makayla wouldn't remeber but I thought Kenny would but they were only one and two when my grandma passed. I then shared this picture on Facebook to my brother, and cousins. One cousin (whos birthday was the other day) Best birthday present ever I click on a link and get to see my grandparents again
Next is what I am making the gilrs nailpolish holders out off I seen this on a couple of blogs. All the bottles were with it but this is what stayed on in the bag


This is going to be another other but have a little work todo with this one but I have a plan for it


That little eagle cut me while I was taking it off. I couldn't get the burlap looking backing off either

So it went outside and got a coat of primer after I cleaned and roughed it up a little they both got a coat of primer next is to start painting them the way I want them.












0 comments: