Monday, June 6, 2011

Got a couple of things finished on Sunday

I was finally able to get a couple of things finished Sunday I am quite happy with what I did get done.

But really unhappy about my dyeing experiance, the black turned out more purple, I guess thats what I get for following the directions to a tee. A friend told me it was because I was using lace curtains, oh well Makayla and Jade were happy with the color they came out since they are being used for skirts for them.

These are the curtains before for hand I had both ivory and white ones in the mix
Funny they do almost look black here and grayish color maybe its just my eyes. I am hoping to have both skirts finished today so that I can figure out how to make their microphones they want out of felt.

My lamps for my room are done, please excuse the mess on the dresser my room is being ignored at this time and everyone in this house thinks my room is a dumping ground for everything. This is with the lampshade on, paint looks pink in the picture but its really not. Must have been lighting it is only a few shades lighter than lampshade which almost matches my bedspread perfectly


Lamps after I got them finished, now what I want

My bag holder hanging in its new home, I wanted this large and wide the worst part about it is I still could not get all the bags into it. I wanted the apple print on both the top and bottom so I cut the print out of the other curtain I was not using. I love it.

Next when I went to garage sales with my mom on Saturday, we seen this screen door they wanted $3.00 for it, I am in need of a new one, my mom looked at it and the guy told her that he had to screw the bottom part, ok I wasn't going to get it. Then he told me I could just take it because he was just going to throw it out anyways, yea in much better shape that what I have now since my screen is ripping out due to kids around here, mine included pushing on it for 5 yrs now. This is before

And then after a couple coats of paint, just waiting to be hung which will be after David gets home from school so that he can help me. He had to go work with grandma and grandpa yesturday, and getting paid overruled helping mom. Plus I need to find my green paint to redo that I like the brown and green together.















0 comments: