Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tuesday's doings

First a new pin cushion for me I actually made another but for some reason didn't take a picture of it. I will later both out of this awsome material that was in one of the totes from garage sale, I love the material and plan to make a few things out of it

Back of my new chair cushion I really needed since I tend to grab a pillow to sit on when sewing

front of chair cushion yep same material that I am totally in love with it is so me right now

what I started with for chair cushion

What the hell am I going to do with all these is what I asked my mom when she sent me home with them. I will never use them all

Well I did get this as a birthday gift a few years ago, it is now on its way to its new home the dump it sucked I had never used it. It worked to make 1 and a half candles
This was the test candle the 1 it made completely

this is what Maranda and I did for a couple of hours

This was all our hard work not even enough for 1 candle I think this is the 1/2 of the candle the candle maker made

Off to garage I go to look thru MIL's boxes to find an old pan I knew was in there so I finished the candles by doing this although it took all day and most of the evening It worked better

I picked up 11 jars at one of the sales last weekend for .10 each they only had the 11 so while looking for the pan I found small vases in the boxes this one is my favorite it will probley never be used but will look nice when I get my craft area set up in the garage


these are the jars that I picked up with some of the candles

the rest of the candles


I made a total of 16 candles later today I will clean up the outsides of them since I like to get wax all over everything then put them away for when they are needed. We haven't had a good ice storm in a few years so I think we may be in for one this winter now I will be sort of prepared. My mom also wants a couple of them.
























0 comments: